Many people may be perfectly happy with their lives the way they are. And that`s OK. But there must surely be others who feel like I do and feel that there is more to life than what we are currently experiencing.
This website concentrates on volunteering overseas on a shoestring which is how I am changing my own life. Time will tell whether or not it works out for me but even now, before my travels have got underway, I feel in control, totally happy, a completely different person than I was a year ago. Perhaps it takes a really low point in life to expose you to development of this nature.
A few people have said to me that they think what I`m doing is really great and wish that they could do it too. Often those people are of a similar age to myself. The most difficult thing for most is that they would have to leave loved ones behind. However, even though I realise this is easy for me to say because of the circumstances I myself am in with no partner, no responsibility for another and parents long gone, I believe it should not be a reason to not do it. But, like I said, it`s easy for me to say and should circumstances have been different, perhaps I`d feel differently.
Having said that, I`ve learned a lot over the last few months and if I ever did get into this position, I`d like to think that I would act differently. To know yourself, to get in touch with the universe , to understand why you feel the way you do and acted the way you did makes it possible to live the life you want.
Perhaps you are like me. Had a long or even a few shorter but meaningful partners and now find yourself on your own. Kids grown up and living their own lives as indeed they should. Maybe you`re also looking for some change in the life you`ve lived up until now?
Want to give something back? Want to make a difference before it`s too late?
Here are my 13 thoughts for living the life you want at any age...
1. Think like a child. Be in awe of life and dream of enriching the universe. Follow a spiritual path.
2. Follow your personal dream. Make sure however that your personal dream is for the benefit of the universe.
3. The only thing stopping you is what`s going on in your mind.
4. As we get older, it may seem more difficult because we continue to live the rules of the programme for longer.
5. Realise that the familiar circumstances you are currently living in can be changed and that the only thing holding you back is familiarity and fear of change.
6. Forget most of what you`ve learned most of your life.
7. It has NOTHING to do with money.
8. Take control back. Forget authority because YOU and only YOU are your own authority.
9. Forget about materialism and all those comforts you might be giving up.
10. Do not worry about money or debt. You will find a a way to deal with personal debt to friends or relatives but, particularly if you are older and have built up debt from financial institutions, do some research and realise that loans, credit card, bank debt is nothing to worry about. It does not exist. The money from these corporations did not exist until you signed the agreement. It is fundamental to how our economy works. You have not robbed a depositor. Because the money you borrowed was created by the stoke of a keyboard.
11. Everything you do must be for the benefit of your personal dream.
12. Do not believe that you are being selfish if your personal dream excludes others. Remember that your personal dream is of benefit to the universe. It is YOUR personal dream and you should not feel guilty. It is your right.
13. Do what is necessary to enable you to accomplish you personal dream. Those things that initially seem out of reach will come to you so long as your personal dream is benefitail to the universe.
What do you feel about these 13 thoughts? Please feel free to comment below.