A big thank you to all who came along to my Christmas Party event last evening (17 December 2014). I was back home by 9.30 pm and asleep by 10pm, shattered! :))))) The kids were certainly thrilled with the Panto, the Meet my Mascot characters and of course Santa and his lil' Elf helper! Latoya and Oli went down a storm too. Funds raised for my Lovely Planet tv project... just short of £200!!! (approx £165 ticket money and £35 on the raffle). My only regret is that I didn`t hire an operator for the sound system as it proved a little difficult at times ...organising, MCing and trying to operate an unfamiliar PA system at the same time. It`s all a blur now and I only had 2 pints of lager. lol. Thank you so much to all involved. Here are some of the guys, some helpers, some entertainers, some suppliers and some guests who were there last night and to whom I give my deepest thanks... Del Wheelhouseand Andy of Busters Darlington, Angela, Lee, Bridget, Yvonne, Latoya, Oli,Michael, Granny's Kitchen, Meet my mascot parties & events and Gill (who was there in spirit). Last but not least... Jule and the guys of Actone Pro for supplying and performing a brilliant pantomime (Robin Hood) which was enjoyed by all and was the initial spark for the event. (My apologies if I`ve left anyone out of these credits, as I said, all still a bit of a blur). :))))) x
As you may know, one of the aims of my website is to offer resources for the more mature adventure. With this in mind, here`s a little article I`ve written with the UK`s over 55`s in mind. Recently and because of changes to UK pension policy, I became aware of another way of raising money to fund my adventure travel. This, of course, may only be possible if you`re over a certain age.
If you `re over 55 years old and you have had an employer or a number of employers with whom you had a pension, it may be that you have lost track of the pension companies involved and the value of your pensions. There are ways to track down these companies using the UK governments pension tracing service:
25% of small pension pots can be taken out tax free and as from April 2015 anyone over 60 years old can take out the lot (whether you are retiring or not). You`ll get the first 25% tax free but the other 75% will be taxed. Please be aware that cashing in your pensions (or part of them) is not suitable for everyone, especially if you are still working in which case your pay may take you into a higher tax band. Professional financial advice should be sought.
If you have sought professional advice and have decided you would like to release pension money for your adventure travel but are having difficulties or questions to ask, I have a contact (a retirement professional) who will offer free advice on how to go about it all. Just contact me and I`ll pass on the details.
On a personal note, until recently I had forgotten I had a number of old work pensions I had contributed to. They are reletively small pots but I may release some (if not all) of the money to put towards my adventure travel fund. Oh and once you reach your official UK retirement age (mine is 66 years old - 6 years to go as of writing this) you can still get your 'old age pension' even if you go and live abroad. :-)
All = videos & blogs.
Blogs = my written blogs.
Cambodia = Cambodia videos.
Malaysia = Malaysia Videos.
Thailand = Thailand videos.
Krishna = Krishna videos